Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Chrome Battle....

17 days to go.
After taking steps to clean out my registry, etc., on my computer, the problem still persisted. Somehow, Google Chrome piggy-backed its way into my system and made itself the default browser. That's about the time my system slowed down. So I got rid of it. The processes seem to be going a little faster now, but I'm not quite sure yet.I just got rid of Verizon Cloud also. I don't know whether that will speed the process or not, however I will welcome not having to see their solicitations every time I boot up my computer.

This bad-boy is only three years old.... which I think is two generations in technology-speak. It runs windows 7 - and the state of the art - I understand is windows 10... I think I skipped 9, so yeah... two generations behind.

The one good aspect of having a slow computer is that it kept me out of social media, which is becoming as tiresome as hanging around the same old peopleto talk about the same old topics and never seem to change. I'll still be able to ease myself out.

I don't know if this rig is back to tolerable levels of performance. I don't want to replace it, but I may have to. Can't be sitting around in cafes for hours just waiting for programs to open.

That's it for today. It's been one of those  funny days; rain and lethargy, and not just from me. I'm doing some pulling exercises this evening, and some biceps curls with dumbbells - the bands give me a different feel and work different muscles. I need to do this the way i did weights back in the day. Maybe I'll hit the Y tomorrow and then run on Thursday and Friday mornings... my days off.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment