Wednesday, September 14, 2016

-92 Noxsoma Magazine & A Great Day

This is the time of year I get very creative; good thing to, cuz I'm going to need to augment my income with some creative cash flow... even if it's crypto-currency. So the more and more I'm thinking about this magazine, the more ideas are coming,  and the closer I get to actually getting it done. This time around I'm going to have to promote-promote-promote. No need in giving out free samples.. wanna check it out... 99 cent download... and that will be the review. I should be able to reach and attract 10,000 "subscribers" eventually, just by being me. Simply by doing what I do, the way I do it. Write my thoughts, share my observations with a cynical bend. Absorb life and translate it into words... Link some of the live interviews and keep it fun.

Don't do it if it becomes a job.

Early to the Y today. It was my day off, so nothing done at home. I did my "home-work" as a warm up and found that I'm stronger in the shoulder pushups... Pushed out 10 with not much problem. Still, when I first get into doing an exercise and I can only get one or two reps.. I still think I'll never get past them. I somehow, despite all the proof to the contrary, have not defeated that mindset... yet.

So I ran into Frank, who I've mentioned several times in this record as my premiere YMCA mentor and friend, spotter for my sole 300lb. bench press. I like to grab a selfie for posterity. Friends come in all shapes, sizes, decorations and directions in life. I truly believe and keep the attitude that we meet the people in life that we're destined to meet. (I'm trying to give destiny a little help in some cases, but that's another story. It will be a great one when it comes together.)
Frank the Tank aka The Frankinator.. YMCA 9-14-16
My original plan was to hit the gym, hit the diner, then have a massage. That didn't quite work out. I ended up extending a post-workout fast way past the threshold, but I don't think there was too much damage. I tell my body to "eat the fat"... I've actually improved a bit. The Bod looks like it's burning fat.. and Keane... my "MT" says the body feels leaner too.
I am actually willing to believe I am getting leaner in the belly area and around the sides as well. Remember, nutrition is more important than exercise when it comes to belly fat removal... and patience is more important than both. My part... is both parts really... but the exercise part is building those rectus abdominus muscles... aka "abs" so that when the fat eventually burns off, I won't be terribly embarrassed by zero muscle development there. I've been trying to drop to 175 lbs. for most of the decade... only to realize I should be more like 165 lbs. I'll set that as my post-work goal. A healthy, jacked, limber and flexible 165, I might add. 
This is my updated picture with Keane. Now you know why I leave my hat on... hair is always "off fleek"  if there is such a thing, but I don't mind, I like it long (and wild) regardless of how it looks. We may cover that later. 

So after the gym with no food and a rather lengthy walk, I have a 60 minute massage with Keanne.. and then we do an interview with her for my new magazine.. and I finally got some grub. Squid vermicelli at Vietnam Cafe. Then a trolley ride and another walk... about a mile home. 

As I wrap this up, I'm on my second cup of tea. I'm not hungry. I've been noticing I don't need as much food. I seldom eat out of boredom, but because of convenience... mostly at work, and mostly trail mix.. nuts and dried fruit.

Anyway, that was my day. It does me good to get out and see people, but it also does me good to creep back in to my cave and recover... chill, sip tea, write or otherwise create. Sometimes I wish there was a passive companion here... at times. But that's another, yet more complex story. In typical Pisces fashion, I only want it when I want it and because that's not fair to such a companion, it's better for me to do without. 

Perhaps I'll tackle that and some of my "Pisces" issues on the road. 

Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment