Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Bajai Boot Camp 6: Running Series Part IV





I’ve been antsy all day. It’s another gloomy one here, but there’s no rain in the forecast and it’s actually feeling a bit warmer than the past few days. All I can think about is running after the gig. I have to admit I’m a little concerned that something might come up that would keep me from the run.

Did I mention that every morning – at least every morning I’m scheduled at the gig – I get up at 0400 and exercise? I do that. This morning it was more stretching and twisting and for some reason I feel like I want to do more headstands. I also, for the first time in many years, was able to get myself into bow (yoga position) with both of my legs at the same time. Although I had to grab the left leg first and then the right. Up until today I was stretching one leg at a time. This is one of the small progressions I look forward to.

Got in from the gig, got dressed, went running. I added some slow intervals and I cut a full minute off my time from the other day (Day 2). I actually thought I was no faster and mentioned it in the video, however when I looked back I noticed my error.

Protein shake after and the supplements. I don't think I have any words of wisdom at the moment. I want to do some creative stuff now. Oh yeah, the ankle played up a little bit so I put the cold wrap on it.

I have the next two days off, so it should be easy to go out and get the job done. Three feels like a magic number, but it's been three runs. It is said that three weeks makes a habit. I don't know if I've ever run three weeks straight before. Maybe that's why it's not a habit.

Stay tuned for Part V


No comments:

Post a Comment