Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Bajai Boot Camp 6: Running Series Part III



Hello October.

At this point I don’t know how today will turn out. The boss asked me to work a few hours overtime. There was nothing specific about how many a ‘few’ is. It gets dark earlier now and I don’t particularly want to be running down the parkway in the dark. My machismo is directing me to declare, “Not that I’m scared. Just why tempt fate?” I consider myself ‘badass’ yet not a bad ass, if you get the difference. Just like someone can be tough, without being a tough guy. (I’ll stop digging myself into this hole and get on with it.)

I wasn’t sure what to expect weigh-wise this morning. There was no movement, still 179.2 (81.28 kg).

Since I don’t know whether I’ll be running or not, let me brief you on the Bajai Boot Camp concept.

After 15 years of different kinds of training from the standard 3 days a week of weight lifting, to a (at the time) four year career in group fitness training, I decided I should be exercising every day and blogging about it. Previously I’d do a series of 90 day exercise blocks and jot down some notes in a book, once again referring to the Drucker ethos about measuring in order to accomplish (see Part II of this series). On Father’s Day (June 19th) of  2011 I made my first entry. I called it Return to Ruggedness because I felt I needed to be more rugged.

I’ll share the entry with you. Once again, it’s another, “Day One.”

61911 -
Day 1: Run through woods, jog, 100 jumping jacks, run up hill.
Felt rather pathetic, but remember it was day one About 80 degrees. Full gear long pants, camos, heavy/rugged boots, t-shirt, wt gloves.
wt: 184.5
Fuel: Oatmeal w/ blueberries, banana, coco water,OJ. vitamins Post: protein drink,BCAA vitamins, Brewer’s Yeast.

Five years ago. I’m wearing the same boots and the same gloves. I don’t eat oatmeal anymore. I don’t drink orange juice. I’ve learned that it’s better to run on an empty… or almost empty stomach; the body will burn fat for fuel. I’ve learned a lot in the last five years.

I’m feeling rather anxious about whether I’ll be able to run or not. It’s another gloomy day. Every day has been gloomy since I’ve been back.

Well, just three days in and my first break. Had to stay at the gig an extra three hours. Got the overtime though and I'll be off for two after tomorrow. I'm wondering whether it'll be worth it to double up... run an AM then PM? Maybe at some point. I'm only three days in.

Stay tuned for Part IV.


No comments:

Post a Comment