Monday, November 21, 2016

Short-Timer Musings








I woke up this morning having no idea how much sleep I actually got, my answer is ‘enough.’ I got stuck working a double yesterday – but I figure someone can use the $$$.

Every time I have a birthday I wonder if “this” will be the year I get “old.” And then I ask myself what I mean by “old.” To me, it’s giving up to the stereotypes of time, to the expectations of ill health and dis-ease; it’s not moving, not smiling, not laughing and essentially giving up. I’m three-quarters through another year and I’ve run 28 days out of 53 – so far. (I challenged myself to run for thirty days to see what happens.)

When I separated from the US Navy, I thought I was old. I was going on twenty-four. When I went to art school, being a vet made me just a little bit cooler than the rest of the kids. When I went to work for the City it gave me a little extra boost on the test. Now I have my DD214 and my veteran’s card so I’ll see what it can do for me in the next part of my life. (I already got a free training webinar, maybe I’ll learn more, or get some hands-on training at some point.)

I was going to post this as a status – maybe I still will, but I’ll put it here first. My 2017 New Year’s resolution is to stop trying to “Wake you people up.” I really like the term you people because it’s loaded for no reason. As with most terms it’s all about how you people process it – and that makes me laugh.

Ok, experiment over. I have less than a month left. 



No comments:

Post a Comment